On Saturday October 14th 1893, in response to a circular sent out by G H Hart, about 25 gentlemen attended at the Harborne Institute in Station Road to discuss the formation of a golf club.
Mr Godlee was elected to the chair and called upon G H Hart who proposed that a Golf Club called the Harborne Golf Club be formed.
It was decided that the entrance fee and subscription should be 21 shillings. Incredibly on 26th December that same year the first competition was played on nine holes at Home Farm in Harborne.
By March 1895 because of a disagreement over compensation for grass cuttings the club moved across the road to nine holes at Church Farm. Seven years later on 10th September 1902 an exhibition match was played between Alexander Herd the Open Champion and Harry Vardon to open an 18 hole Course which had 8 holes at Church Farm and 10 holes on Home Farm.
By 16th October 1924 the present course designed by H S Colt was officially opened with a match between J H Taylor and J Williamson versus L Holland and C A Whitcombe.